Thursday, December 23, 2004

Troubled by the food in Hyderabad


Troubled by the food in Hyderabad Posted by Hello

Pissed by the spices..I planned to strave but couldnt hold on for a long.
Everyday I had a question "What to eat and where to eat?"
I got an idea. I called up a guy in UP who was running a restaurent there.
Within a week he was here with his cooks and I saw my dream coming true.
But I had no idea about this kind of business.
How to get a place form setting it up?

Called up all brokers who had given their ads. Finally Found a place to stand.


Where to buy utensils from?

It was toughest task as I never went with my gf to buy any thing. Reason: I never had a gf. Came to know that Begumbazaar is famous for wholesale dealing of utensils and other groceries.Bought everything from there.



Moral: Have a gf

How to get customers

Aah. I thought it would be pretty easy but turned out to be toughest one.
I called up all guys who I knew were staying near Madhavpur and told them I will deliver food for free. Some couldnt belive that I have started such a low profile business. Some couldnt belive that 'There is something called free lunch.'
For the first day, to get real taste of the work I planned to go for delivery my self. And it was a nightmare.



Moral: Until you feel the pain you dont evolve.

I hired few local guys for delivery and bought a bicycle. It worked.
Next day was yet another terrible day. Out of 40 people who were free customers first day. Only 2 people turned up while I was expecting to be atleast 20 people.



Moral: Never give anything for free.

Thanks to my customers. Akansha, Sweta, Ambuj and few others gave their valuable feedback. At first it sounded like a critisism but it was true.
They told me not to have the plastic packing.
The plastic packing was replaced by beautiful isolated 4-box tiffins. I added other required accesories like Napkin, toothpics, Shoanf and spoon too to the pack.


It worked wonder. Thanks again for the valuable comments.



Moral: True feedback sounds like critisism.

Now, Giri Kitchen is working doing great. Thanks all.

No comments: